Kiriket in Oosaa

All was well for the first few weeks in US as a bachelor - I got to watch all the TV that I wanted on weekends, got to eat from different cuisines ( although it was mostly Taco or Pizza Hut) , and got to see all those new places. After a couple of weeks though , I realised that
1) I was being spendthrift
2) I was gaining weight at an alarming rate , with all the cheese in the food
3) And I was being eternally lazy , sitting in front of a computer or a TV.

Thats when it dawned that , I needed some physical exercise or some sort of cooking at home. Discouraged by the bad return on Investment while cooking at home ( imagine having to cook for a couple of hours and having all that you cooked go into your stomach in 10 mins - aint that bad returns? ), I started looking out for people willing to play cricket. Having found a team and having had the net sessions and all , I was ready to begin my career as a 2nd Divison player ( yeah thats what they call it here -- Too much).

Wearing a dress that distinctly reminded me of the Holland jerseys ( the jerseys were apparently chosen to make sure they are never worn outside of a cricket match - duh!!!), I got into the field enthusiastically. After a couple of minutes , I realised that I might be able to dive on the ground. I didn't want to try the dive but I finally managed to slip and fall due to the dew on the grass. The ball managed to stick to my hand as I slipped and fell and it was misconstrued as a valiant dive to stop the ball (If only my teammates knew). After cheering for the bowlers in my team , I was called onto bowl. After a rather brilliant spell of bowling , I was given a well deserved rest.
Yep, That is me - holding on to a bruised toe after an intense bowling performance , where I managed to bowl more full tosses and wides than legitimate good balls :) After many gulps of Gatorade ( yeah we are the quintessential athletes) and a breezy knock , I headed home.

No comments: